The Real Property Law Section Council of the Ohio State Bar Association is thrilled to announce that law student scholarship applications are now open! The scholarship program is intended to encourage students to pursue a career in real property law and to become active in the OSBA.
The Real Property Law Section Council is the governing body of the OSBA Real Property Law Section and is comprised of approximately 40 real property lawyers, who are appointed by the President of the OSBA. Lawyers on Council represent all aspects of real property law and are from cities across the state. Council meetings are convened three times a year—in January, May and September.
First- and second-year law students who are enrolled in an Ohio accredited law school, student members of the Ohio State Bar Association and interested in participating on Council may apply for the scholarship. Eligible students should:
- Click here to complete the Law Student Scholarship Application;
- Include a copy of the applicant’s law school transcript; and
- A letter of recommendation addressing why the applicant is deserving of and should be selected for the scholarship.
Applications are due before July 1, 2018, and the scholarships will be awarded at the September meeting of the Real Property Law Section Council. Winning scholars will receive:
- $2,500 scholarship;
- A non-voting seat on Council; and
- The opportunity to work with Council to address issues related to real property law, draft and review legislative changes, plan and present seminars and assist with publications.
Applications, transcripts and recommendation letters can be submitted online. If necessary, transcripts and recommendations can be mailed to the following address:
Attn: Jennifer Harrell
OSBA Real Property Law Student Scholarship
1700 Lake Shore Drive
Columbus, Ohio 43204