By Gretchen Koehler Mote, JD, Ohio Bar Liability Insurance Agency
There are many pieces to successfully practicing law. Your legal malpractice insurance shouldn’t be puzzling!
Here are some tips to for choosing a lawyers professional liability (LPL) insurance carrier:
- Find a company that is highly rated by a reputable insurance rating entity, such as A.M. Best;
- Look for a company with longevity writing LPL insurance in Ohio;
- Locate a company with experienced underwriters;
- Determine that the company provides Loss Prevention & Claims assistance from qualified attorneys;
- Look for claims-free and other discounts;
- Find a company that offers disciplinary coverage and cyber breach coverage;
- Seek a company with a hotline to answer your inquiries and assist you; and
- Go with a company that is policyholder-focused with high customer retention rates.
If you have questions about lawyers professional liability insurance, please feel free to contact Ohio Bar Liability Insurance Company (OBLIC). Owned and endorsed by the Ohio State Bar Association, OBLIC is proud to have earned the trust of thousands of Ohio lawyers and law firms. For more about applying for coverage with OBLIC, click here, or contact Rachel Ritchie, OBLIC’s new business underwriter.